Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
MS906 or MS 905

2312 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-02-22 00:53:24

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-02-21 23:27:30
      I like the MS908P and love the new Maxi Sys Elite but that $1200 update expense scares the hell out of me if I should encounter problems and be forced to buy an update should something go wrong with it's software later. I don't think in the USA  I be doing enough BMW, Mercedes, and Audi programming off this tablet to pay $1200 for the next update.
    I wish Autel would give folk the option to update them $500 cheaper by declining server access for programming files, or add just server access for programming files for 12 months and decline year of updates for $700
       I do like them both enough to get a Pro or Elite in order to have large tablet and obtain the Maxi Flash Pro to use after my 12 month update period is over and continue to use for paid subscription  programming off my windows laptop for domestic and Asian car makes, however the simple lack of the ability to quickly get back to work by  just changing out a SD card with both the OS system with older versions of software copied to SD cards as a working safety backup like a DS708 scares me , and that I might be forced over the barrel for a $1200 update just to get my scanner working again.
      I would rather just buy an entire new price point MS905 Mini for $1200 and if The Scan File I copied as backup software doesn't work. Oh well , Sell it for parts and figure the update expense that  I would have to pay to try and get a Pro or Elite working again, be better spent putting toward a new MS906 TS in a few years.

•   Level 4   
    (133) points
    marcos

2017-02-22 00:26:45 (Reply to:witsend)

I purchased the ms906 a month or so ago and so far I'm not too happy. Doesn't communicate with certain systems or does but gives odd data. So far it's worked on 1 out of 4 cars. (Doesn't communicate with the system I need but will with other systems)

I'm also trying to program a key for my 02 civic but also having difficulty with that. First key was a no go, I am currently trying to get key 2 done. 

•   Level 4   
    (133) points
    marcos

2017-02-22 00:53:24 (Reply to:marcos)

Update on key situation. Turn out it was the first key blank I purchased. I'm not sure exactly why, but it wouldn't program it. The secon key worked. Got it from a different source. 
  Total1 Pages